If you missed my first post about Download n Go, you can read it here.
Pac Man finally completed his Winter Wonders Download n Go unit! It took us a lot longer than it should have, I actually think they all will. I am glad I didn’t order the full year all at once! It has taken me even longer to write this update post (he actually finished WW a few weeks ago, I am just now getting around to sharing)
My thoughts after completing an entire unit…
- Pac Man loved it! He loved the layout, the various activities, and the things we learned about. I was right in thinking that this type of thing would be perfect for him, it was!
- Other than preparing the notebook ahead of time (which was a bit time consuming), there was little for me to do as we worked through it. Getting the links opened up on the computer each morning was the biggest thing.
- Speaking of links…we enjoyed the many You Tube videos, however…watch out for the ads that display on the sidebars before you launch the site in front of your child. Most of the ads are harmless, but I did get one that popped up that bothered me. Thankfully Pac Man wasn’t sitting with me (I open all of the links for the day in tabs before school so we can just click on the tabs as we work through the book).
- Some days were more in depth than others, we ended up not doing 1 day at a time, just working through on our own timeline. I still liked it divided into the 5 days though, it helped me see where we were in the study.
- We did most, but not all, of the pages and lapbooking items included. You could easily skip the entire lapbooking portion of this and still have fun and learn a ton.
- Overall Pac Man reviewed many things and learned many new things. We loved learning about the Iditarod, different animals, and the history of hot chocolate! There were many learning opportunities presented that I would have never thought of on my own. I loved how diverse it was, so did Pac.
- My final thoughts at this point…definitely glad I ordered these. They do take much more time than I realized, but that’s ok-we’ll just spread out the activities more. I am really excited to learn new things right along with him!!!
We did not enjoy the Valentine’s unit as much-it was too much about LOVE for his taste ;-). His favorite was making thumbprint hearts…as many as his age 7 1/2. He thought it was hilarious that he made half of a heart ;-).
We are currently working on the Amelia Earhart unit and both loving it! it is very in depth so far and the first day of activities took us a whole week to complete! Today we learned how an airplane flies and I learned something new right along with him, I Love that about homeschooling-I am so much smarter than I ever was before!