Words can’t even express how THRILLED I was when we were given the opportunity to receive this bike for review!!! When our new orange Strider Running Bike arrived it was an exciting day for all!!
What is a Strider Running Bike?
*words in italics are taken from the Strider site.
This is the absolute perfect bike for a young child. The age recommendation is: 1-5, and Krash is 3 1/2 so it was just perfect. Now owning it, I can see where it would have been wonderful to have long before now! I look forward to letting Ladybug start riding it much earlier than K did. Here you can read the advantages of a Strider Running Bike on their site, in case you are unfamiliar with these awesome bikes.
We live in the inner city, so we ride bikes in weird places. Here’s Krash in action on our deck, which he loves, and rides around in circles for hours!
Krash had a bit of trouble for the first day, as he realized he actually had to learn to balance. He enjoyed the challenge and was so proud of himself the first time he was able to glide with his feet up. It was giggles and smiles galore as he proudly displayed his new talent!
- Lightweight~ I was shocked with how light it was
- Smooth and safe ~no rough edges (like pedals, chains)
- Reasonably Challenging ~ Krash had to learn how to balance, and I loved that it was a bit of a challenge for him, but one he could easily figure out quickly and feel a sense of accomplishment!
- Looks Cool ~ I love the dirt-bike look. It looks like a real big kid bike!
- Awesome Color ~ We love orange (and they have tons of other cools colors too)
Our older son, Pac Man is 7 and fits in the weight limit (5o pounds) for the Strider Bike, and believe it or not, he too LOVES this neat bike. He knows it belongs to Krash, but when K is feeling gracious, P sometimes gets a little spin on the Strider! It doesn’t usually last long though as Krash wants his awesome bike back!
Anyone who has a young child should definitely put this on a Christmas list…or just buy one now if you can afford it! I promise you won’t regret it. You can get your own, here on their site, or here on Amazon.