It seems a pattern has now formed with Tot School and I wanted to let you in on the scoop in case you like to plan ahead (thank Kysha for inspiring me to do this). When Tot School began I wasn’t even sure anyone would join us, but it is growing weekly and I don’t know about you but I LOVE having all of our ideas pooled together weekly, it really helps in those brain dead moments!!!
So, here’s the
definite, I will do my very best…plan.
- I start “recording” (through photos) on Monday of each week and continue through Saturday. I try to photograph our official tot school times (which occur anywhere from 1-4 times per week). And I also try to capture those playful, unplanned moments that are, in fact, school for tots as they learn naturally. I document both on my weekly report.
- As for the weekly report, I plan to write it each Sunday night, which has worked well so far.
- For anyone who would like to join us but isn’t quite sure how to do a tot school report, here’s my advice…start taking pictures, keep your camera around and capture your little one in action. At the end of the week go through and choose the very best photos that show readers what your tot school looks like. For some it is planned activities, for some it is very unplanned…it doesn’t matter! Then write up a post either about ALL of your collected photos, or just one to highlight something your tot did. You certainly don’t have to do the time consuming (but worth it for me personally because I love looking back), lengthy posts that I and a few others do.
- Add of your Tot School post, ANYTIME from Sunday through Saturday, whatever works for you. Be sure to check back on old posts if you like to see ideas, as some people put their link up later in the week.
- After you join up with Tot School the first time, I add your blog to the Tot School webpage. If you haven’t seen it, go check it out.
- For those on the fence about trying to fit Tot School in on top of the hectic schedule already, I and others will say, it is WORTH it. If you agree, add a comment of encouragement to this post and share your experience about *adding more* to your schedule. It really isn’t more, as you realize you were (hopefully) playing with your tot like this all along, it’s just more focused.
Did I cover it all? If not, let me know! Thanks everyone for making Tot School such a fun thing on the web!